Michael Mina's STRIPSTEAK to Host Exclusive Anchor Brewing Company and Anchor Distilling Company Dinner
Director of Food & Beverage Sarah Johnson, Bob Brewer of Anchor Brewing and Mario Vitale of Anchor Distilling Host Beer Pairing Dinner Wednesday, August 13 at 7:30 p.m.
Click to Tweet: Join @BeerisBoundless, @AnchorBrewing + @AnchorSpirits for pairing dinner @STRIPSTEAKLV 8/13 @ 7:30 p.m. #VegasBrews http://bit.ly/1onyd9Q
LAS VEGAS (July 25, 2014) – Celebrity Chef Michael Mina’s STRIPSTEAK at Mandalay Bay will present a beer pairing dinner Wednesday, August 13 at 7:30 p.m. Mandalay Bay’s Director of Food & Beverage and Nevada’s first female cicerone Sarah Johnson, along with Bob Brewer of Anchor Brewing Company and Mario Vitale of Anchor Distilling Company will host the event and will guide guests through the dinner, explaining the creative thinking behind each pairing.
The evening will begin with an Anchor Distilling Junipero cocktail featuring handmade Junipero Gin created in the classic “distilled dry gin tradition.” This balanced and uniquely satisfying gin has a light and crisp taste and combines a deep and mysterious spiciness with subtle delicacy.
Following, a five-course prix fixe menu will be presented by the talented culinary team at STRIPSTEAK, led by Executive Chef Gerald Chin. The menu will feature:
- Amberjack Sashimi with a crispy crab roll, sriracha aioli, pickled cucumbers and yuzu-ponzu; paired with Anchor Brewing Steam Beer
- Foie Gras Slider with petit pickled cherry salad, duck fat almonds and amaretto gelée; paired with Anchor Brewing Summer Ale
- Soy-Glazed Pork Belly & Diver Scallop with charred corn, miso butter and popcorn cream; paired with Anchor Brewing Liberty Ale, Anchor Brewing IPA and Anchor Distilling Hophead
- Porcini-Dusted Angus Strip with lobster potato purée, blue lake green beans and red wine reduction; paired with Anchor Brewing Porter
- S’mores Bar with smokey marshmallow and Valrhona milk chocolate; paired with Anchor Brewing Old Foghorn and Anchor Distilling Old Potrero 18
This unforgettable meal is priced at $125 per person, plus tax and gratuity. To purchase tickets for this event, call STRIPSTEAK at (702) 632-7200.
About Mandalay Bay
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is a unique destination resort set on 120 lush acres on the Las Vegas Strip. The resort offers three distinct hotel experiences: Mandalay Bay with 3,211 luxurious rooms and suites reflecting a modern tropical ambiance; Four Seasons Hotel, a AAA Five Diamond hotel offering 424 newly remodeled rooms and suites; and the luxury all-suite Delano Las Vegas that debuted September 2014. Mandalay Bay boasts an 11-acre tropical pool paradise featuring real sand, a wave pool, the only climate-controlled, poolside gaming in the city and DAYLIGHT Beach Club. Other resort highlights include world-class entertainment at the 12,000-seat Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning dining by celebrity chefs and restaurateurs, LIGHT Nightclub, Shark Reef Aquarium, Spa Mandalay and the recently expanded 2-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Mandalay Bay also is home to Michael Jackson ONE, Cirque du Soleil’s latest resident production based on the music and choreography of the King of Pop. Mandalay Bay is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mandalaybay.com, call toll free at (877) 632-7800 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.